Rich.Andrews

Default Now we have proof (was tweaks and proof)

(Nousaine) wrote in :

Several years later PSACS conducted a follow-up test. We compared a
prototype Philips 1st Gen cd player and a portable player with a Sony ES
(considered top at that time) and found exactly ONE of ten enthusiasts
was able to reliably identify the Phillips from the Sony in 10 trials.
Even then because the start-up cycles were not closely synch'd even his
results may be questionable. And the 14-bit Philips was a prototype.

More interesting; nobody ....read not one subject was able to reliably
identify the portable (Radio Shack) from the reference.

Nousaine,

Are you asserting that WRT CDPs there is no audible difference between any
of them or or you saying that low end players sound very much alike?