Arny Krueger

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The technology of acoustic measurements has made dramatic
improvements in performance and convenience in the last

5-10
years. The key component has been the computer with an
apporpriate audio interface.

Whilst I agree with your other points, computer controlled
measurement systems have been used for over 30 years.

Cars have been used for over 100 years, doesn't mean that
they haven't involved over that time.

Obviously they have steadily improved, but I see no

radical
developments that have only occurred in the last 5 years,

or
even 10.

I'm speaking in the context of measurements by enthusiasts
and listeners.

Maybe you mean the cost is now within the range of many
amateurs?

Yes.

Unfortunately though, the concept of measurement
uncertainty doesn't seem to have trickled down along with

the
technology.

What do you mean by that?