Richard Crowley

"Mr.T" wrote ...
Whilst I agree with your other points, computer controlled measurement
systems have been used for over 30 years.
Obviously they have steadily improved, but I see no radical developments
that have only occurred in the last 5 years, or even 10.

Maybe you mean the cost is now within the range of many amateurs?
Unfortunately though, the concept of measurement uncertainty doesn't seem
have trickled down along with the technology.

And computer-aided trickery can go only so far to cheat the
physical/acoustical facts of life. (i.e. measurement environment,
etc.)