Richard Crowley

Well, I got myself some speakers recently and they sounded like
they had too much bass.

Do they have a volume control for the "sub-woofer" speaker?

That's what I thought. I did find a review of them on tomshardware
which had a frequency response graph and it showed no particular
problem with the bass, it was roughly the same as the treble.

Did you reveal what speakers you are talking about? I've never seen
reviews on TomsHardware for anything except plastic toy "computer"
speakers.

Nothing against plastic toy computer speakers, they have their place.
I use them myself. But they will never be something that one would
expect any kind of accurate frequency response from.