Arny Krueger

Default Audio amplifier design trivial?

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

But I say to you, John, that nobody has come up with a reasonable set
of figures of merit.

Admittedly he hasn't dumbed his tech reports down enough to address the
typical nontechnical audiophile. However, these guys are generally snowed by
the subjectivist poetry and song-and-dance.

I still can't look at a set of your graphs and predict how an amp will

sound.

Confession of highly ability to make abstraction relate to the real world
noted.

John's charts and graphs could be used to sift the sonically transparent
amps from the others. For the ones that aren't transparent, a fairly
close-sounding model could be constructed from his reports. What more does
it take?

That's a disconnect.

Only for people who aren't up-to-date about science and audio and don't want
to bother to learn.