Hev

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
"hollywood_steve" wrote in message

The maintenance and time wasted calibrating analog gear makes your

comments
mind-bogglingly stupid. You would be earning much more money per year

just
by the time saved. Add up the hours wasted per year at a successful
commercial recording studio calibrating the damn machine for tape brand X

at
+3, next client brings in brand Y at +6... it is such an archaic way of
doing things that it won't take long for the dinosaurs to be long gone.

Takes me about 15 minutes to do a full alignment on the Ampex machines.
You gotta do it every week or so.

Then you have a standard tape you always use and the client always has to
use? Don't clients bring various tapes in, used at another studio for
example? You would have to set up the machine everytime that happened. Not
to mention the time of making a back-up of a master reel. Archaic.

This viewpoint of yours will lead to your demise.

Maybe, but I'm looking at the numbers and I'm still seeing better ROI on

the
analogue gear so far. Although I have to admit that the DA-88s have done

lot better than I ever expected in terms of investment.

I'm guessing what you have seen with the DA-88 will occur with higher end
digital before too long.

--
Sincerely,

Michael Springer