Graham Mayor

Default CD R on Boombox CD Player

You need to find the optimum write speed for the disc variety you are using.
Reading audio disc copies is a marginal activity at best, so you need to
give it all the help and encouragement you can. It would be worth playing
around with different media and different write speeds to get the best
results. A good starting point would be to try a burn at half the rated
speed of the disc, on the premise that manufacturers tend to exaggerate
their specifications.

--

Graham Mayor

SPS22 wrote:
(Todd H.) wrote in message
(SPS22) writes:
I just bought an inexpensive JVC boombox CD player. It is advertised
as playing CD R/W. Some of my CD-R's play fine, some don't. I
tried to burn the non-playing CD's again on my computer on different
CD brand, they still do not play.

One question: what speed are you burning at?

I was burning at the max speed of 40x. The lowest my computer allows
is 8x, not 2x.

Thanks for help.

-Surinder