SPS22

Default CD R on Boombox CD Player

(Dave Platt) wrote in message ...

For best compatibility with CD-R media, I suggest the following:

- Burn at a lower speed - you may get better pit/land pattern
readability on the disc. A decent rule-of-thumb is to burn at
speeds around 2/3 of your drive's maximum - e.g. a 12x drive may
produce its best burn quality at an 8x burning rate.

At your suggestion, I burned the offending CD again now at the lowest
speed possible (8x, instead of 40x) and also did a Dist-at-once (based
on another poster's suggestion). It worked for one CD, not for
another. So some success, some failure.

Thanks a lot for the prompt suggestions from everyone. I will try the
other suggestions (650 MB, change of Boom Box) too.

-Surinder

The other thing you could do is exchange your boom-box for another
one... possibly of the same model, possibly different. If it's
advertised as being CD-R compatible, but rejects a large fraction of
well-burned high-quality CD-R discs, then I'd say you have a
legitimate beef.