Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Cleaning a shotgun mic

"Eric Toline" wrote in message
On Apr 6, 6:18 pm, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:
Hi,

I have a Neumann KMR81i here that needs a good clean. I've dismantled it
reveal the inner mesh, leaving the shotgun tube with end cap.

Whats the do's and don'ts to clean both the mesh and the end cap, which
is
particularly gunked up?

Cheers,

Gareth.

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=c...cid=kmr81i_des...

I would soak both the cap & mesh screen in warm soapy water and gently
clean with a soft toothbrush to loosen the gunk. Once the gunk & dirt
are loose/gone rinse with clean water and dry with tissues then let
air dry. You could also use 91% isopropyl alcohol instead of the soap
& water.

Eric

I think I'll go with Eric's suggestion, thank you very much guys.

(I was just slightly concerned in case there was anything special about the
end cap and its hole structure)

Cheers!

Gareth.