Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Zoom H6

Gary Eickmeier wrote:

My side mikes are about a foot apart, the center one is like 10
inches ahead of the others. I found that my "invention" has been
invented before, by Gunther Thiele, as the OCT technique, Optimized
Cardioid Triangle. He uses the side ones at 40 to 90 cm apart and the
front one 8 cm ahead of those on a T-bar just like I am doing.

You're probably better off using an omni center microphone, that's when the
system math begins to make sense even if the microphones are not coincident.

Gary

Kind regards

Peter Larsen