Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default variable speed playback on MP3 player-- what purpose??

On 23 Apr 2016, John Williamson
wrote in rec.audio.pro:

Stereotype alert Letting your secretary more easily audio type
the stuff you gabble like a machine gun into the machine while
you're out of the office. She can slow it down and still
understand it.

This feature is in a couple of software podcast-listening apps I've
encountered. The idea is that you can speed them up and get through
them faster.

As a guitarist, you could use it to slow down a riff you are
trying to learn. Other instruments are available...

This is very useful. Much better than slowing a 33.3 RPM LP down to
16 and dealing with the octave drop. I wrecked a lot of records that
way.