Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Remixing Tip #2

On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 1:44:13 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 16/02/2015 04:34, JackA wrote:
You "people" aren't very nice!! Need to find nicer people. Maybe Isis has an audio group!!!

I usually find that when a lot of people think I'm doing it wrong
(Whatever it is), they're usually correct.

You've just boasted that you made an error that almost everybody here
has made once or twice in their career, early on, by flipping a switch
in error, or using an inverting cable on a microphone by accident.

Hands up, don't shoot! I didn't create the (stereo) recording, others did!

You also seem to have "discovered" that it makes sense to listen to your
mix on as many systems as possible before releasing it into the public.

Now, take your remixes, and listen to them several times on a good
system in a decent room (If it cost less then $5000 excluding room
treatment, it's not good enough), a boombox or ghetto blaster, a car
stereo, and a pair of cheap earbuds, tweaking as required, and if ever
they sound good on all those, then you'll be getting close.

Sounds extreme! I'll stick to my 11+ year old laptop and headphones.

Thanks!

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!