Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default In Mobile Age, Sound Quality Steps Back

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

BTW, when I use a phrase like "blow them out of the
water", I'm referring to the speaker's ability to convey
some of the feeling and characteristics of real. live
music, playing in a real space.

Or, you are referrring to hyperbole, prejudice and expectation rather than
the actual sound of the loudspeakers?

Specifically, the
Behringers, while excellent for their purpose, do not
provide as satisfying a listener experience as do the
other above named speakers.

An effect that seems to go away when the identity of the speakers is
concealed by a scrim.

How do you DBT listener satisfaction, Arny?

You let people listen to the speakers under bias-controlled conditions and
ask them how satisfied they are????