Posted to rec.audio.tech
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Is there a DVD player with USB input?

AZ Nomad ) writes:
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:15:41 +1100, Mr.T MrT@home wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
Laptops with a broken LCD display are cheap enough.

Yes, but pretty hard to operate :-)

If you have a recent flat panel TV, you simply run a VGA cable from laptop
to TV.

And the poster is looking for a system that has it all, since as he
said, if he used a DVD player he'd need some sort of monitor to use it.

My DVD player does fine with MP3s on CDROM. I might have started using
that to play MP3s, but I don't want to turn on the monitor simply to play
MP3s. Hence I bought an MP3 player last year, and I'm actually thinking
about getting a portable CD player that plays MP3 disks. If that DVD player
had a built in display (like VCRs used to have years ago), the self-contained
nature would make it far more useable for things beyond playing DVDs.

Michael