Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Chevdo

Default IEEE article "I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very gnawing thing."

In article .com,
says...

Chevdo wrote:

snip

If they wind
up finding out the superior person's real name, they do serious damage to

that
person's employment opportunities. All employers should Google new

applicants,
and when they Google me, and see all the obscene slander attatched to my
name, they'll inevitably move on to a less controversial applicant.. So far,

haven't been able to think of a solution to this problem.

Change your name to Jim Smith, or something similar.

Yes, a name change is the one solution I have considered, and that would solve
the problem of potential employers Googling my applications. The only problem
is, it's expensive, and if in the future I decide to do something like run for
public office, I'd have to face the "Why did you change your name?" question
and inevitable "he must have something to hide" assumptions. But it may be the
only thing I can do to mitigate the damage...

Another thing I've noticed about abusive netkooks and cyberstalkers is that
they always use 3rd party news-providers. This is because it's very easy to
get someone in trouble with their ISP by issuing a complaint, but it is
difficult to get one of these news providers like supernews or newshosting.com
to respond to abuse complaints because they may lose a customer by reprimanding
him since he can easily switch to another news provider, whereas there are very
few choices in most locales for broadband ISP service.

Smart con men choose a name

Indeed, if I change my name to avoid slanderous abusive online, people may
assume I'm a 'smart con man', rather than a stupid victim...