C.J.Patten

Looked at the Beringer... nice unit (especially at that price) but it's not
a practical option.

I don't "stealth" .. but I do "run and gun"... so "stealth" type gear is
what I'm stuck with.

"All mini-jack mic inputs suck" is a pretty sweeping statement. Can you
provide some sources to back that up?

Looking at this from the opposite direction: are there small, powered stereo
mics that would work well with a line input? Here's a link to a mic I've
used with an MD recorder with excellent results at a rock/jazz gig:
http://tinyurl.com/8tg4f

The Edirol looks like a gorgeous alternative to the MD's - I don't think I
can shell out the greenbacks for it - but it's got 1/8" mic/line ins.
Comments?

C.

"Zigakly" wrote in message

All minijack mic inputs suck. Even when they're not getting overloaded by
any relatively high input (record level doesn't prevent it either), they
still typically do more harm than good. If you're stealthing there's not
much choice, and good quality solutions start at around $500, but if you
have the space a Nomad Jukebox 3 and a Behringer MXB1002 is very tough to
beat for even 3x the price. At loud shows a self-powered mic can
typically
be plugged straight into the line input and the results are comparable a
basic mixer preamp.