Richard Crowley

"C.J.Patten" wrote ...
Howdy. Looking at MiniDisc and flash based recorders.

Do all MD recorders have mic-preamps on their audio inputs?

I realize some units don't have *any* kind of audio inputs so I'm limiting
this question to portable units that have inputs.

Any concerns I should have about the quality of different MD recorders for
mic recording? (specifically thinking of the analog section - I understand
the data is stored in the same format)

I was considering flash based recorders such as the Creative Nomad Jukebox

3
but all the ones I've looked at don't have mic-pre-amps ... and the idea

of
buying another "gizmo" starts to increase the cost of these flash based
recorders beyond my means.

Highly recommended: http://www.minidisc.org/uploader_table.html
* "Minidisc.org is devoted primarily to Minidisc equipment and
* accessories. However, a considerable number of visitors are
* under the misconception that Minidisc equipment can be used
* for recording live audio material and subsequently uploading
* this audio easily onto a computer. This is unfortunately not the case;...

And then just the cost of media for a flash card recorder would
exceed the cost of my whole 1-week trip to Spain next month.
(To say nothing of the cost of the machine itself!)

That was enough for me to go back to my HHB DAT recorder