Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] martin.trnkocy@gmail.com is offline

Default variable speed playback on MP3 player-- what purpose??

Am Montag, 24. September 2018 15:56:05 UTC+2 schrieb Gregory Allen:
Hello,
I have read your post
Please could you recommend me a mp3 player with variable speed playback.. Not like jumping from 1,00x to 1,25x but in lower steps from 1,05 to 1,1 for example.

I would really appreciate that, because I am kind of unable to find one..

Martin

Hi Martin,

I use an old SanDisk Sansa clip, but I can highly recommend the Rockbox custom firmware. You can use it with lots of different devices, and it allows for a lot more customisation than you usually get with the default, smooth variable speed playback being one notable feature.

https://www.rockbox.org

Cheers,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for these tips indeed. It seems that this firmware works same on all mentioned devices there. So you can adjust variable speed of the given track with increment/ decrement of 1% ? (if I understood 1 manual correctly) and at the same time pitch is not bend - that is absolutely hilarious since I need that for language learning too . Until now I had to use software and then copy my input back to device.

I have ipod shuffle - pitty that i found out the rockbox will not work on that.
It seems i will not juggle with lot of mp3 players options and just buy that sandisk sansa clip sport now called

Martin
Slovakia