Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair

Default Vintage Pioneer SX-838 receiver- I MISDIAGNOSED !

"Dave" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

Given all the time that people have spent, at no charge to yourself, to
helpyou fix a problem which, honestly, you don't seem competent to
diagnose and repair yourself, I find it in incredibly poor taste to make
the comments you have. This group has a very talented and extremely
experienced core groupof techs like William Sommerwerck...

I appreciate the implicit support, but I am nowhere nearly as experienced
as others in this group.

You've been posting a long time, you know what you're doing in there
as well as anyone near as I can tell...

I have an excellent -- indeed, I'd say exceptional -- sense of how to go
about diagnosing problems. But I don't have the in-depth, day-to-day
experience Arfa, et al, have.

I used to service most of my own equipment, but consumer electronics have
become so complex and so fundamentally un-repairable that I rarely repair
anything. The last item I fixed was one of my electronic crossovers,
replacing an output drivers. (Believe it or not, John Curl helped me
diagnose the problem, by pointing out something I'd overlooked.)

One of the reasons I'm here is that I like to see what's going on in
electronic servicing, and get a better view of how the "new stuff" works.
You never know when it might come in handy.