Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair

Default is it worth it to replace caps in old equalizer??

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:39:42 GMT, (Derwin)
wrote:

Hello, I have an old 70s-era 5-band equalizer made by Realistic (radio shack),
which I like to use in my guitar effects chain, and I opened it up the other
day just to see what it looked like inside, and I noticed that there are two
large electrolytic capacitors. They look fine, and the unit sounds OK, but
given that it is probably at least 30 years old now, and may have sat around
for many years not being used before I got my hands on it, could I expect
improved performance if I were to replace those two big electrolytics with new
ones?

No.