jtougas

On 11 Feb 2005 23:38:19 -0800, wrote:

Heya,

I've noticed this in a few acoustic guitar tracks before -- some songs
will do this thing where the low E string will be panned hard left, the
A string will be not quite as hard left, the D maybe 20% left, G
center, B 50% right, and the high E hard-right.

How would I go about doing this? I would be very suprised if it were to
mic each string individually, but that just doesn't seem right. Has
anyone done this before?

If it's an actual acoustic guitar, and not a really good sample, it
could be a hexaphonic pickup which has individual outs for each
string. Not impossible to do, but a real pain in the ass to wire.
jtougas

listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go

e.e. cummings