Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Best XLRs ?

On 4/06/2018 8:56 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 4/06/2018 4:53 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Phil AllisonÂ* wrote:
** None are a strong as the old style, full metal ones with the
saddle clamp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_co...connectors.jpg

That's the Canon style ones.Â* They were strong, BUT those screws were
always
working their way out and getting lost if you didn't locktite them.

Yes, and I always wrapped colored tape over the connector and screws for
cable identification anyway. Never got lost after that even if they came
loose.

Also the boot materials decayed.

But not as quickly with canon as the cheap imitations.

Trevor.

OK, just ordered 20 each M and F Switchcraft 'A' series. I assume nobody
was talking about the 'quick' series ones ! Less than US$3 each at B&H.

Yes, the odd Switchcraft I have had in the past has always requires a
drip of Loctite .

90° XLRs sadly a 'can of worms' and added complication, given differing
obstructions L and/or R on different monitor panels. And only lower the
damage fulcrum (potentially more to the socket) by 50%ish anyway.

geoff

geoff