Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Best XLRs ?

geoff wrote:

Having a spate of XLRs with their rubber or plastic 'boot'
strain-reliefs getting either simply pulled out of the shell, or worse
ripped, split, whatever , but mostly irreparably damaged.

Short of dumping my clumsy client-base, any suggestions of the best (and
hopefully affordable) brand/model XLRs that can survive stage-use ?

** None are a strong as the old style, full metal ones with the saddle clamp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XLR_co...connectors.jpg

You could drive a vehicle one without damage, the ones made by Switchcraft are similar.

https://www.swee****er.com/store/det...-xlr-connector

I think the worst use is on stage monitors where monitors get moved or
cables tripped on...

** In that case, something has to give - either the plug lets go or the cable tears out.

IME, in the case of the two above, repair is nearly always possible.

The Switchcraft one is still available.

..... Phil