Straw Man

"EricK" wrote in message

Sorry to be patronizing, but you're coming off as some sort of ego freak
here. I'm not saying you are, necessarily, it's just sounding that way.
Sorry.

Instead of apologizing repeatedly for being an ass, why not simply try to
avoid being an ass?

"No offense", of course, but if I'm coming across as an ego freak to you,
then you're certainly coming off as someone with obvious issues on the
subject of proper crediting, possibly due to somekind of bad experience you
haven't yet let go of. I'm not usually one to judge a person based on a
usenet post or two, but in the case of someone like you who has no such
restraints, I'll make an exception.

If you must know, that I am here inquiring about proper protocol at all is
supposed to be a good and commendable thing. How many people out there in
the position of not *having* to do so have cared to go out of their way to
do it right? My desire to do things by the book and to be fair to everyone
involved is the only reason I asked the freaking question in the first
place.

That there are people like you out there who somehow find a way to see
something negative in that is quite unfortunate, Eric.