EricK

Straw Man wrote:
There was never any question that the backup vocalists would get credited,
just as there was never any question that the guitarist gets credit for all
the guitars.

Hmmm, wasn't clear from your original post, but ok.

But how do you credit when someone has simply "recorded" a few
of someone else's takes? What's the proper syntax for this? Isn't the sound
engineer the person who usually handles this? So would this count as sound
engineering?

As someone else mention, "additional recording by..."

I also want it to be clear in the crediting that the guitarist only recorded
the tracks, and wasn't a maestro of some sort.

Well then you better spell it out, just as you have here. Wouldn't want
someone who purchases your disc to get confused about what the guitarist
didn't do.

The tracks were assembled and
arranged by someone else who told the guitarist exactly what he needed to
work with.

I bet that person is you, right?

Sorry to be patronizing, but you're coming off as some sort of ego freak
here. I'm not saying you are, necessarily, it's just sounding that way.
Sorry.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills