Posted to rec.audio.pro
Leo Andrews[_2_] Leo Andrews[_2_] is offline

Default Symetrix 528E vs dbx 286A

Hi everyone,

It's been a few years since I was last on the newsgroup!

I've got a question for you all. My voice channel currently consists of
an AT 4033 microphone plugged in to a dbx 284A processor. Largely
speaking it's pretty good but I was thinking of upgrading to the
Symetrix 528E.

Price-wise it's a big jump but what does everyone think of it? I've read
reports that the 528E is not a lot better than the dbx box I already
have. I find that hard to believe. Apparently the old 528 had better
pre-amps than the newer 528E.

Has anyone had experience of either of this voice processors? I'd be
interested to hear your thoughts

Leo.