Ohmster

"Peter Lee" wrote in news:1117396533.813406.109150
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

So I say, take a good look under the rug and see where you will be
going for Linux support and decide for yourself.
I and several of my colleagues did and Linux was not even considered
after seeing the way the community behaves.
Peter Lee

Peter,

You did indeed crosspost to:
comp.os.linux.advocacy
alt.os.linu
comp.os.linux.mis
rec.audio.pro

This means that you are not really looking for genuine and sincere help
but are more or less just sounding off. The people that can help you will
not respond favorably to someone like this, who would?

2nd, you get what you pay for is what they say. Linux is free, download
the OS for free, install it, install all of the programs, all free,
except for any commercial ones that you purchase and install. Since this
is for free, nobody is getting paid for their time so they are not
sitting around, waiting to help you. Yes, you have to ask for help and do
some work if this is what you do.

Windows is a commercial product, you pay plenty for it, you pay through
the nose for everything you get. Just look at how much it costs to
purchase a Windows web server, anywhere from $999 to $3,999. Wow! And
that is only for Windows Server 2003. Yep, paying that much for something
entitles you to support. Call them up and they will help you, "for free".
Mac OS is also a commercial product, same rules apply. So take your pick,
either get what you need for free and then learn how to use it, ask for
help, put up with whatever you have to go through to get the help you
need, or just pay for it and get your "free support". The choice is
yours, nobody is making you do it.

I am not calling you any names or anything and am treating you civilly
just like I would anyone else, even though the tone of your post and the
newsgroups that you cross-posted to indicate otherwise. Good luck Peter.

--
~Ohmster
ohmster at newsguy dot com