Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Soldering Flux

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
I know that acid flux is not to be used for electronic circuits, but what is the problem with using it as a copper
cleaner if the copper is THOROUGHLY cleaned before soldering with rosin core solder?

Two problems: first it's hard to thoroughly clean it if there are any little
nooks and crannies, and secondly it's not really all that good for cleaning
copper unless you get it up to temperature.

Unless you have really severely oxidized flat sections, I'd say just use
vast amounts of rosin flux... and if you do have severely oxidized flat
sections I'd be more apt to use steel wool.