Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I
can't get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a
tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a
thick rugged plastic (polypropylene?) case, that can sit on
top of a mike stand. Similar to this one:
http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp

You or someone you know has a digital camera. Take a photo of
the ****ing thing, all sides, and post it to a binary group of
your choice or to some stupid site like photobucket or flickr.
It's will considerably improve your chances of opening the
thing.

I for one would like to see what the hell we are talking about.

"Similar to this one" does NOT cut it.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid