Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

Don Pearce wrote:
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 21:39:20 +0100, Ian
wrote:

keithr wrote:
Ian Bell wrote:
I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to
size (double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills
so I am hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has
a band saw or something similar that I can use.

Help?

Cheers

Ian

Score the board deeply on both sides with a sharp scriber, snap the
board along the scribe line and neaten up with a file. Clamp a steel
rule to the board as a guide when scoring and practice on a piece of
scrap board first.

The method is quick neat and accurate and requires no special skills,

Thanks Keith. Several people have suggested this method so I am going to
experiment on a piece of scrap and see how it goes.

And when you snap it, lay the board on a table edge, aligned with the
scoring. Apply more pressure to one end than the other and it will
kind of tear along the line rather than snap. It will all be under
much more control that way.

Thanks for the tip Don.

Cheers

Ian