Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Can I borrow your bandsaw? (UK)

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Ian Bell wrote:

That I do most sincerely believe. I had some smaller
PCBs made ( about 4 inches square) and had to cut them
out too. I consumed one Junior hacksaw blade every two
cut sides.

When they drill they boards, they use very small carbide
drills, and they replace them after a fairly small number
of holes. (This is, in fact,
why a lot of board houses have an extra charge per hole).
There is a fairly large aftermarket for the used drills,
since they are still perfectly fine for drilling brass or
even steel when they are too worn for fr4. --scott

There are people who resharpen the carbide PC board drills. The downside of
the resharpened drills is that they are not long enough to drill as many
boards at a time as the new ones.