Posted to rec.audio.pro
Andre Majorel Andre Majorel is offline

Default Modification for Mackie Onyx 1640

On 2007-03-08, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Malto wrote:
why? because i use this primarily for recording purposes
and it would be nice to use the EQs. as it stands now, the
EQs are not used as i send the direct outs into a computer
recording interface directly.

Conventional wisdom says never effect anything on recording.
Some might risk a little limiting ....

I don't mind doing the EQ on tracking, if I know exactly what
I want and I am sure I won't change my mind. But usually when
I do that, I'm pulling the 2-buss to tape anyway.

What is "pulling the 2-buss to tape" ? Recording the stereo bus ?
I don't understand how that is an alternative to recording just
one strip.

--
André Majorel URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/
(Counterfeit: )