philicorda

Default Phantom Power Filtering (removal of phantom power)...

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:44:19 -0700, Chris Breitner wrote:

Hey Everyone. I can't seem to find the answer and/or product to
satisfy my needs: a phantom power filter/remover.

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Thanks,
Chris

You could use a battery phantom power supply box for this.
It may sound silly, but if it's off and has no batteries in it, it should
just block the dc and pass the mic signal.
You should check with a meter, just to make sure.