Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default replacing mic cables with radio mics

On 1/05/2021 12:55 pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/30/2021 8:31 PM, Mike Clayton wrote:
I'm contemplating buying a pair of radio mic circuits to replace cable
runs on remote jobs. Hopefully I can get transmitters that plug
directly into the XLR sockets in the back of the microphones.

There's a lot more to using wireless mics than just plugging them in.
I'd suggest that you first read whatever information is available on the
web sites of the makers of pro quality wireless mics such as Sennheiser,
Lectrosonics, Audio Technica, and Shure. Get a sense of what's involved
and who makes what, and fits your budget.

And AKG...

geoff