Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Trevor Wilson[_3_] Trevor Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default Audio Interconnect cable Performance - is Return Wire Diameter aFactor?

On 2020-12-07, Peter Wieck wrote:
If our Sun winked out of existence tomorrow, how long would it take for
our planet to cease circling where our Sun once was?

That would be as soon as the gravity wave ceased - which would also be largely instantaneous. Objects in orbit are not truly "in orbit", but in Free Fall. The earth would travel in that direction on the arc that it was on when the sun went away - with minor perturbations from the other objects in the former solar system.

Your first sentence is, again, wrong. All experiments in gravity propagation show that
it moves at 'c', which is to say, about 8 minutes between the Sun suddenly failing
to exist and the planet no longer falling towards it.

-dsr-

**Correct.

--
Trevor Wilson