Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin[_2_] John Durbin[_2_] is offline

Default Head unit illumination wire problem

No. Find a parking light wire +12V and use that instead. You'll just
damage the dash light circuit if you try and tie it to the radio.

JD

Alan wrote:
My car's factory wiring harness has two illumination wires: ILL+ and
ILL-. My head unit's harness only has one illumination wire.

When I connect the illumination wire from my head unit's harness to
the ILL+ wire on my car's factory harness, the head unit's backlight
gets _brighter_ when I dim the lights using the car's dimmer control,
and it gets _dimmer_ when I increase the brightness.

Should I connect the head unit's dimmer wire to the ILL- wire on my
car's harness instead of the ILL+ wire?

Thanks