MZ

Default "Modifying" Dynaudio tweets?

What were the symptoms that led him to believe it was grounding out? And
why not simply introduce an electrical insulator between the terminals and
the metal?

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
The tweets that came with my set of Dyns may be defective. If we have to

get
new ones, the installer wants to try an install technique with them and

I'm
worried about his methods. If you're familiar with the Dyn tweet (MD100?)

that
comes in the System 240 MKII than you know about the rather large plastic
housing around the back of the tweeter. He wants to remove the housing

from the
tweet and cut down the wire terminals that pertrude from the back of the

tweet
so mounting them will be easier. He thinks the tweets may be grounding out

onto
the metal behind them in the doors and this is what had caused my

problems.
Should this affect anything?