Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Anything to say on Speakons

On 23/07/2020 11:20 am, Les Cargill wrote:
geoff wrote:
On 22/07/2020 1:43 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
geoffÂ* wrote:
Why should that be any more difficult for daisy-chaining than XLR
female/male or jack ins/outs on a speaker, which are usually 'panel'
anyway ?

You can't daisy-chain XLRs, 1/4 phone, Socapex, or Canon P connectors
either,
all of which are popular for speakers.

But you can daisy-chain banana plugs and spade terminals.

I though the qualification 'panel' implied parallel connectors mounted
on a panel (or chassis, or whatever), in which case a doddle for any
connector.

It did.
For some reason, every MI grade PA or bass guitar box ever made had two
1/4" jacks to enable daisy-chaining. I can think of no examples with
Speakon, probably because of panel real estate.

You are kidding right? All my PA speaker boxes have Speakon in and out.
Most have for a couple of decades. Last century it wasn't so common I
guess. I did have to convert a very old speaker that had XLR's and phone
sockets only. But that was 80's vintage!