Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

Trevor wrote:
Pretty nasty perhaps, but not really all that cheap considering.

Considering their construction - I have bruised my knuckles rapping on few speaker
cabinets as rock-solid as that of a NS-10 or any of its letter derivatives!

Those Yammies were brutally honest. All of their sound came from their transducers, and
none from anywhere else on that speaker. Most people, esp. consumers, are used to
speakers where from twenty to as much as seventy-percent of what they hear comes from
the CABINET and mounting points of a speaker. Those resonances can permanently affect
their perception of and experience of music they listen to on them.

Then they listen to a reference monitor and vomit...