Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default How consistent are studio monitors of the same make and model?

On 19/07/2020 11:32 am, wrote:
John Williamson wrote:

"Flat" sounds as close as possible to the original sound.

Agreed!

The smile EQ makes a sound more pleasant.

Which I why I get such argument from aforementioned individuals who 'V'-shape
their home or car EQ, or boost the B & T.

Such individuals also cannot stand - for long anyway - a calibrated TV or
projection display. "Too dark", "colors aren't punchy enough". Too soft, etc.

That's partly the TV mfgs fault: Consumer displays are shipped with all the
user and internal adjustments "torched", IE Vivid mode, so that impression
became over time the expectation. Show these people accurate, and to them
it looks "broken", (facepalm!)

Yes, and sadly fluorescent green grass becomes what people accept as
being normal and good. Similarly with music.

geoff