Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Why do most commercial recordings (talking Classical and Jazz,

Dick Pierce wrote:

Now both you AND Mr. Eickmeier seemed to have fatasized that
I claimed that a microphone is capable of producing high sound
pressure levels. I can see now that since I never, ever said
that, how one could be confused into thinking that I did.

One of us is missing somethiong here. Maybe it's me, missing
the words I NEVER said.

I can now see that the wording I never used could confuse anyone!

It's not just the sound pressure level difference that threw us, and that is
not the only factor that makes microphones and speakers different, and not
reciprocal. The acceptance patterns of microphones and their use and
positioning in recording a stereo performance have nothing to do with the
radiation patterns of speakers and their postiioning and use on playback of
those signals.

If you think otherwise, perhaps you could explain how a coincident pair or
single point stereo mike could be used as a stereo speaker, if only it were
loud enough.

Gary Eickmeier