Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default Microsoft Windows Audio Sample Rate Converter Performance

In message , Arny Krueger
writes
All I know is that I tested about 100 audio interfaces and other
products for my old PCAVTech web site and never once saw anything but
ideal performance from the digital signal path for .wav files from the
media player and other XP system software, that were looped back for
rerecording on the same PC. This was XP SP1 and SP2.

Which is another reason why so many of us are stuck with XP for serious
audio.

I've now re-read the original post and have serious doubts about the
conclusions, or maybe the tests themselves.

I can quite clearly demonstrate the effects on playback, rather than
just on record.
It is also clear that this problem can affect many of those who use
audio professionally even if they are not audio professionals.

Example: When previewing in Sony Vegas in Windows 7 with the wrong
default sample rate selected, the distortion is obvious.
--
Bill