Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message

.
We can find many explanations that are strictly due to
sound quality and have nothing to do with nostolgia or
rituals. The large body of better mastered LPs is a very
good and common reason for such a preference along with
the now well documented euphonic distortions that can
lead to a more convincing sense of spaciousness, richness
and realism.

There is no such thing as a "large body of better-mastered LPs", compared to
the huge number of well-mastered CDs that continue to be produced.

*Nothing* relating to current LP production is *large* compared to the tens
of thousands of new digital titles that are produced every year. It is all a
tiny niche.

I don't think he is referring to last year. I don't think there is a
lot of current production in LPs. Most of what I see are re-issues,
although there is some new production. Nor would I use the volume of
new CDs as a measure of quality. I like small group jazz CDs, but most
of the other CDs I hear do not seem to be that well mastered. However,
not being a reviewer, I only get to hear a minuscule percentage of what
is produced.