Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Dave Cook Dave Cook is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Jan 24, 4:22=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:
reading the letters-to-the-editor section of a well known and respected
audiophile magazine and found a letter from someone who finished his pean=

LP playback (a Garrard 301 turntable, specifically) with the words "I
wouldn't have a CD player if you gave me one." Surely, such passion has s=

ome
root.

Is that root musical? The idea of doing without my favorite
recordings from the last quarter century, much of it music never
available on LP, is unthinkable to me. And then there are all the
reissues of music now nearly impossible to find or prohibitively
expensive on Lp or 78s.

There were people like this who, even late into the Lp era, insisted
on the superiority of 78s!

I have pretty decent analog equipment (Gyro SE + SME 309), but I still
find large-scale classical music better served on CD, and that
includes many originally analog recordings. I like pop on Lp, and
Jazz when I can afford it.

Dave Cook