Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Jan 25, 10:15=A0am, Audio Empire wrote:

Since it is so easy to make great-sounding CDs, and I would think that it
would take more time and effort to screw one up, my only conclusion would
have to be that for some reason, this (seemingly) industry-wide practice =

of
giving us less than they can and calling it more must be on purpose. OTOH=

, I
can't think of a single reason why this should be so, can you?

One reason that's been suggested is that they are optimizing for the
earbud listener, not the owner of a good in-room audio system.

Of course, it could also just be simple incompetence.

bob