Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Want to take a CD track, isolate the solo vocal then combine themto raise the level of the vocal but not create harshness

On Mar 6, 9:43*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Okay, this is a totally different issue. *It's a _lot_ easier to remove
the vocals than to remove everything _but_ the vocals. *There are some newer
pieces of software out there that can kind of isolate vocals, but as the
original poster points out, they aren't quite satisfactory. *Still, they
are pretty damn miraculous considering what is involved.

The Extraboy Pro site has some demos which include an isolated vocal
made under seemingly ideal conditions - very simple instrumentation
with rhythm hard to one side, piano on the other with very little
bleed over. Even under those highly unrealistic conditions the
isolated vocal isn't crystal clear. I'm not sure what you'd use the
isolation for other than the kind of thing I'm doing, or maybe for an
effect of some sort.