Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Want to take a CD track, isolate the solo vocal then combine themto raise the level of the vocal but not create harshness

On Mar 5, 2:36*pm, Nil wrote:
On 05 Mar 2009, muzician21 wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Does this sound like a plan or is there a better way to do it?

There's no way to know for sure but to try it. I think it's going to
sound lousy, but maybe it will be good enough for your purpose.

Actually, it doesn't sound bad. I think if you'd never heard the track
before and didn't know I'd been monkeying with it, I really don't
think you'd notice anything unusual. There are some artifacts with the
vocal isolation but they're far enough below the level of the vocal
and there's so much going on you can't hear them in the mix.

I've been using a plugin called "Extraboy" to isolate the vocal. If
anyone knows of a better one, I'd be interested to know about it.