Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default Which tube expert can do custom works?

Tynan AgviŠr wrote:

Perhaps you missed the word "recreational" in the
newsgroup
title?

Don't let me put you off, but I find your whole approach
tacky and foolish.

What have you contributed here, parasite?

Top posted in utter disdain.

Skirting the issue of name calling..

It was, at the time of writing, an accurate description.
Some parasites are nice and symbiotic, BTW. Tacky is your
own word, and foolish expresses an honest opinion. I'm
trying to help, but you make me feel rejected. I fear you
don't respect me, and that makes me sad. Sob.

I havent claimed to be of any
consequence to this group. I am just a musician and part
time recording
engineer who loves the sound of tube gear. Noting the
volume of the posts
here, and at reccomendation of one of my good friends, I
figured I would
drop a line and see if someone could steer me in the right
direction. Why
that gives some of you sand in your vaginas I have no
idea. Normally when
People post to groups I am a part of and are looking for
engineers, and I
am a good fit, I jump at the chance. I certainly dont
whine and try to
discourage people from seeking my (or anyone elses)
services..In this age
of DIY I recognize the value of those who still need the
services of audio
veterans. This thread has left me a bit confused and more
than a little
amused.

Glad to be of service.

Graham, Rudy , Andre and others..thanks for keeping this
on track(while
managing to spar with Mdme Ian, impressive)

Only Eeyore and you have sparred with me. That's OK, I can
cope with being picked on.

I raised the issue of voicing, which seemed to me a positive
move, considering the rest is plain engineering.

Relations here are about history, obviously. Once bitten
twice shy, as I am sure Patrick would agree. He would
probably do you a first class job, or could make a
contribution on the basis of much experience, but you might
have put him off with your pomposity.

Whingers can be gurus too.

Ian