Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default Which tube expert can do custom works?

Perhaps you missed the word "recreational" in the newsgroup
title?

Don't let me put you off, but I find your whole approach
tacky and foolish.

What have you contributed here, parasite?

Top posted in utter disdain.

Ian

"Tynan AgviŠr" wrote in message
. 3.70...
All I am saying is that experts normally want some sort
of
"professional" fee,
ie, more than what you'd pay a cleaner.
And you have not indicated what you are prepared to pay.

Doing such design work takes considerable time.

If you really want something done, and done right,
and in a good time frame, make a deal nobody can refuse.

I'm extremely busy for the next 6 months can't help you
right now.

Does not Manley Labs have something you might purchase
off the shelf?

Patrick Turner.

Ok, sure I expect that most people require a fee..but I
generally dont
talk about money on public newsgroups. That is pretty
tacky in my
opinion. On top of that..I dont know what a project like
that would go
for because nothing like that exists! Ive seen a lot of
talk about money,
but normally when I get audio work done(I get a lot of
microphone
modifications, for example), I tell the two techs that I
deal with mainly
what I am looking for, they do research, give me cost
scenarios, and
that's that. Why would I come on here, like an idiot, say
"hey, I am a
dumbass numbnuts who doesnt know anything about nothing",
"ive got XXXX.
dollars here, and I want someone to build me a mixer."
"Who can do it?",
..Nothing about that seems smart. Ive never done business
that way, and
dont intend on ever doing it that way. I had hoped someone
would contact
me(and they have) , do a little brain storming with those
expert brains
of theirs, get back to me with a figure and some scenario
of what they
could do, yadda yadda. And lets work it out.. as for the
things you
said.. *ive* never known any expert do do business in
that manner. I
dont want to approach this like an auction or a contract
to build a
prison. I want someone to talk to me one on one and work
with me. Ive had
4 guys offer very helpful information(helping me narrow
down what I want,
and believe me I appreciate it very very much), but
outside of those guys
(thanks be to them again), i hear a lot of talk about
money, but no talk
about what someone could offer. do people really think
that way?? "Give
me money and we can talk!"..if so that is bull****!..Hell,
how do I know
you aren't some Schizo in Dorothea Dix or Joe Blow from
piscopo..hell...or that you know your 3rd point of contact
from a hole in
the ground?
Obviously you cant help, Mr. Turner.. thats cool..but I
did want to
answer your questions.

As for manley..Well, I dont need anything as large as what
they offer,
and they dont do anything smaller...they are pretty much
on the verge of
"mass production" , and I want something that is mine(and
the builders)
alone.

Ill keep hoping, maybe theyll come along.