Norman M. Schwartz

" wrote in message
wrote in message
Here is a link recieved in a mailing list. The author is a high end
manufacture and inventer/developer/author of speakers. He is reporting
on
his experience at a recent audio show. He made a specific point of using
low cost audio gear, something around $200 for the lot, to display his
products. I agree with most of his views and would like to see the
reactions of others.

"From Dr. Earl Geddes' site:

http://gedlee.com/downloads/Observations%20and%20Thoughts.pdf"

I can't find a lot to disagree with, other than his comments that some
people might be able to hear differences in cables, but I do agree that
even
if it were possible, I don't care since the speaker/room interface is
vastly
more important and makes muchmore difference than anything else an
audiophile can doo.

With what do you disagree?

Yes and no. I never could hear any difference in either cable or wire. When
the wire and cable craze first arose I was given some Fulton interconnect
and Mark Levinson speaker wire to try. I couldn't hear any differences way
back then, and even if things have improved since then, my hearing certainly
hasn't. It's obvious that when some folks are unable to modify their
speaker/room interface they resort to other methods to ameliorate a bad
situation. When things don't change they then seek comfort in assuring
themselves that things got "fixed" (to some degree).